XC UTE - HIT IN RIGHT REAR
Share on Facebook, Twitter or via Email:
Here we have an XC Ute that was partially restored many years ago. It was originally(from what I remember) grecian gold with saddle trim and 3 on the tree and has been converted to Tango Orange with a black GS theme and C4 Tbar. The 250 Xflow was converted to gas in approx 2008 and then rebuilt to 'pep' it up and allow the use of unleaded petrol. After spending in excess of $2k to do all this work, a drunk driver decided to hit the car while it was parked on the street. Somewhat luckily, they were driving a modern Toyota Ech which crumpled significantly and took some impact from the Ute. Photos of the damage are included. I have not had the chassis tested for straightness but would be surprised if it is not straight. As the car was parked up against a gutter, the front left tyre took some of the force and blew due to the impact - I'm guessing the toe in would be out of wack and wouldn't be surprised if these parts needed replacement. I owned the salvage rights on the vehicle so bought it back from the insurance company. I did a search a few months ago expecting to see the vehicle on the Repairable Write Off Register but was surprised that it was no listed. I cannot find the paperwork that I downloaded so it would be best to do your own research if this is a concern for you. The vehicle was brilliant whilst on the road. It used to get as many looks and nods as my XC Cobra. I did not do the original 'restoration' so can't comment on how well it was done. I don't believe it was from a professional outfit as the engine bay looks like it was a 'can job'. This being said, all the parts used were of good quality. The car is worth thousands in parts alone.
My plan was to restore it in Cobra colours, but my wife says it's time the garage was 'cleaned out'. The Cobra is gone so now the Ute has to go. It is a shame as the parts for these are now easier to come by, and more reasonably priced than a few years ago. The gas is out of date and would need to be re-certified. My mechanic suggests he would have it removed as it wouldn't be a daily driver and the savings would be negligible. The cost of removing is usually covered by the gas installer being able to salvage the parts - which, in this case, were barely used. I am currently unable to locate the paperwork on the engine work done but will keep searching.
The price may seem high, but you have to start somewhere. Looking for offers.